How to Check Your Home for Storm Damage in Island Heights
Your roof is designed to weather the elements of a bad storm. Your shingles, flashing and gutters can be damaged from heavy rain, hail, lightning, and wind. When the roof is exposed, other damage can easily occur from the seeping of water or holes from flying debris. If you suspect your roof experienced storm damage, investigate as soon as possible after the storm passes so secondary damage does not happen.
Signs you may have storm damage:
- Cracked, curled or missing shingles.
- Gutters with water buildup.
- Check your ceilings for water spots and yellow, copper, or brown discoloration.
- Check your siding for large dents.
- Attic, basement, and crawlspace for mold or wood rot and leaks.
Also, it is important to check around the entire house. It is easier to see the dents at dusk or dawn.
Remember that hail and windstorms tend to be directional, so one side may be damaged while the remaining side are fine.
If you realize you have experienced storm damage, call your local restoration experts at SERVPRO of Toms River. We are available at 732-349-9898 for 24/7 all storm damage emergency cleanups.